Saturday 26 April 2014

Blood Is Thicker Than Water (Reader's Post)

When I tumble they pick me up,

When I cry they dry my tears,

When I go wrong they teach me right,

When they punish it hurts them twice,

When I am hurt they feel the pain,

When I am unreasonable they give me the reason,

When I am troubled their sweet and wise words do magic,

When I doubt and fear they give vote of confidence,

When I am scared of cold careless world they protect me in the warmness of embrace,

When I can’t fly they fix my wings,

When ii frown they replace it with a smile,

When I have lost the way they show me direction,

When friends left my side they stood right by my side,

When I lost all hope they kept their faith,

When my heart broke they helped me pick pieces,

When all I could see was darkness they showed me light,

When I said “nothing lasts forever” they said “child blood is thicker than water”,

And when their hair turns grey they will have me,

When their leg tumbles I will be the walking stick,

When they can’t recognize themselves I will be their identity,


When they will forget I will be their memory,

When they will feel lost I will show them way,

When they will think it’s the last I will add candle to their cake,

When their vision will be blurry I will guide them,

When they will say “time to leave forever” , I will say “blood is thicker than water”.

                                                                   -Agrima Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment