Sunday 28 June 2015

The Night We Said Yes: Interviewing Lauren Gibaldi

Hey folks!
First of all sorry for being too lazy to post another chapter of "The Stranger". But I will post it within a week. 
So here, I am introducing a whole new section to this blog, "AUTHOR INTERVIEW" and I am really very excited about it. The inaugural post on this section is an interview with "LAUREN GIBALDI" - she is an author of "the night we said yes".  

LAUREN GIBALDI




"And since he left, I've simply been living in a cocoon, afraid to put myself out there again. Afraid to be let down again.
I miss that feeling of being alive. "



(A) What inspires you to write young adult books?

(L) I think the teen years are so important and unique. It's a time when you're figuring out who you are, and deciding who you want to become. Experiences are different, but the feelings are universal.

(A) What is "The Night We Said Yes"  all about? Do you think people will enjoy reading it and relate it with their lives.

(L) My book is about four friends who say yes to every idea they have for one night, and in the process, two characters (Matt and Ella) fall for one another. Then, a year later, they re-create the night to see if second chances are possible. I hope people enjoy reading it!

(A) I always wanted to know about this NaNoWriMo thing. Now that I know almost a lot about it, I have a question that pops up in my mind every time I hear about this Challenge. Is it really possible to write a story in such a small period of time? Since your book has come out victoriously, please share the benefits and drawbacks of this challenge. 

(L) It's definitely possible! TNWSY was finished in 28 days. It was not GOOD in 28 days--it took me several months to edit it enough to find an agent. But it was done, and I think that's the benefit of NaNoWriMo. It forces you to finish.

(A) Do you make a whole plot before writing a fiction or you just make few things in your mind and go with the flow?

(L) A bit of both. I have a lose outline, because I like knowing where the story is going, but I make up a lot on the spot.

(A) Let's talk about you. I have read it on your website that you have been a circus aerialist. Please tell us more about your journey from being a Circus Aerialist to an Author.

(L) I was an aerialist while in college, and it was amazing. After college, I became a teacher, then a copywriter, and eventually a librarian (where I am now). I write when i'm not working. 
(A) What is the best part that you love in your book? 

(L) I love the friendships in my book, specifically that of Meg and Ella. 
(A) Last but not the least, What's your advice to the budding YA bloggers and authors? 

(L) Just keep writing!


1 comment:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete